The Yellow Carpet is a lemon-yellow building-block with the texture of a rough cloth.
Despite its name, the Yellow Carpet is not a thin flat cloth, but a full-sized cubic block. It can be crafted in your Crafting Menu (default key "q") after the according crafting recipe has been unlocked by
- creating Shredded Leaves by putting any kind of tree Leaves into a Processor, except for corrupted leaves
- obtaining Yellow Pigment either by putting Yellow Flowers (taken from Cragwood trees or Wood Treasure Chests spawning at night on surface blocks) into a Processor, or found in Obsidian Treasure Chests that spawn on blocks of the Stalactite layer in darkness
- and crafting blocks of Thatched Wall
To craft 8 (blocks of) Yellow Carpets, you'll need (as of R44 in June 2017)
- 2 (blocks of) Shredded Leaves made from any type of tree Leaves in a Processor, except for corrupted leaves
- 4 Stone Rods made of Stone, Limestone or Bedrock in a Processor
- 1 Yellow Pigment made of Yellow Flowers from Cragwood trees in a Processor or found in Obsidian Treasure Chests
Attention: Yellow Carpets are flammable! When placing blocks of Yellow Carpets into hot environments close to (or especially directly above) torches or fiery blocks (like Hardened Lava), Yellow Carpets can easily start to burn. Liquid Lava or Fire Bombs will immediately set them on fire.
If Yellow Carpets start burning, also other flammable blocks nearby can catch fire, and this way a whole wooden house or forest (especially Wildwood, Parchwood and Shorewood) can burn down in hot biomes like Jungles, Savannahs, Shores or on the Lava layer.
Fire cannot be extinguished currently, it can only be stopped from spreading by creating forest aisles/swaths wide enough so the flames cannot leap over, or (since R33) by claiming the area and disabling the fire spreading option for the claim.
On worlds of players who bought the "Pro" DLC, the fire spreading (fire sim) option can be disabled for the whole gameworld. On player claims, fire spreading is disabled by default, but can be enabled by claim owners.