Basic Information[edit | edit source]
Stucco Windows are flat building elements that look like windows consisting of a murky transparent glass panel within a salmon pink colored stone frame.
How to obtain[edit | edit source]
Stucco Windows can be crafted in your Crafting Menu (to be opened with "q" as the default key), but only after the according crafting recipe has been unlocked.
Unlocking the crafting recipe[edit | edit source]
The crafting recipe for Stucco Windows is unlocked by:
- mining striped caramel-colored Canyonstone from high up in Canyon biomes, which requires a Stone Mining Cell or better to be equipped (Dark Canyonstone or Ruddy Canyonstone won't do)
- crafting (or taking) a Stucco Wall, which in turn is unlocked after mining Canyonstone
- crafting Stone Windows from Stone Rods, Stone Slabs and Glass, made of Sand in a Forge (after crafting Wood Windows)
Crafting Stucco Windows[edit | edit source]
To craft 4 Stucco Windows at a time, you'll need:
- 1 (block of) Glass made of Sand in a Forge
- 2 Stone Rods made of Stone, Limestone or Bedrock in a Processor
- 2 (blocks of) striped caramel-colored Canyonstone,found in Canyons (not wine-red Dark Canyonstone nor reddish striped Ruddy Canyonstone)
How to use Stucco Windows[edit | edit source]
Stucco Windows can be placed into the game-world for building purposes, for example into a wall or ceiling.
Since update R44 in June 2017 windows can be fully rotated by pressing and holding R and moving the mouse while holding the left mouse button. The chosen rotation angle can then be "locked" too by simply typing "r" while pointing the cursor at the rotated example, so that all items of the same stack will then face the same direction when being placed.
Just like all other windows they will auto-connect to adjacent windows placed right beside them with the same rotation, but not around corners and not with different types of windows.
Different from doors, windows cannot be wired, opened nor locked.
Since update R32 you won't need to equip any Power Cells to pick up windows that have been placed into the world. Of course you won't be able to take such items on claims of other players (or in worlds) where your permission level is set low.