Stone Windows are flat building elements that look like windows consisting of a murky transparent glass panel within a stone frame, fitting to most crafted stone building blocks.
How to obtain
Stone Windows can be crafted in your Crafting Menu (to be opened with "q" as the default key), but only after the according crafting recipe has been unlocked.
Unlocking the crafting recipe
The crafting recipe for Stone Windows is unlocked by:
- crafting a Forge from Wood Slabs (made of Wood in a Processor), Stone Slabs (made of Stone in a Processor) and Bedrock mined from the Fossil layer with at least a Stone Mining Cell equipped
- forging Glass by putting blocks of Sand from Shores or Dunes into a Forge
Crafting Stone Windows
To craft 2 Stone Windows at once, you'll need:
- 2 (blocks of) Glass made of Sand in a Forge
- 4 Stone Rods made of Stone, Limestone or Bedrock in a Processor
- 4 Stone Slabs made of Stone, Limestone or Bedrock in a Processor
How to use Stone Windows
Stone Windows can be placed into the game-world for building purposes, for example into a wall or ceiling.
Since update R44 in June 2017 windows can be fully rotated by pressing and holding R and moving the mouse while holding the left mouse button. The chosen rotation angle can then be "locked" too by simply typing "r" while pointing the cursor at the rotated example, so that all items of the same stack will then face the same direction when being placed.
Just like all other windows they will auto-connect to adjacent windows placed right beside them with the same rotation, but not around corners and not with different types of windows.
Different from doors, windows cannot be wired, opened nor locked.
Since update R32 you won't need to equip any Power Cells to pick up windows that have been placed into the world. Of course you won't be able to take such items on claims of other players (or in worlds) where your permission level is set low.