Stone Stairs are building blocks cut into an L-Shape with a grey stone texture displaying thin cracks.
Usually placed as stairs they will smooth the player-character's movement up and down gradients so no jumping is necessary. They can be placed as projections of walls or for other purposes too when being rotated by pressing and holding R (as the default key) while moving the mouse.
Stone Stairs can be crafted in your Crafting Menu (default key "q"), but only after the according crafting recipe has been unlocked by
- crafting or taking blocks of Stone Floor from common grey Stone
- crafting or taking Wood Stairs (unlocked after crafting/taking Wood Walls)
Crafting or taking Stone Stairs is one of the unlocking requirements for the crafting recipe of Obsidian Stairs.
To craft 4 (blocks of) Stone Stairs, you'll need
- 1x Melted Wax made of Beeswax in a Forge or looted from Wood Treasure Chests or Stone Treasure Chests
- 3 Stone Slabs made of Stone, Limestone or Bedrock in a Processor
- 1 Stone Rod made of Stone, Limestone or Bedrock in a Processor