Basic Information Edit
Since R40 at the end of March 2017, Stone Mining Cells are now the first tier of Power Cells after Wood Mining Cells were taken out of the game.
How to obtain Edit
How to unlock the crafting recipe Edit
Since R55 #1 on August 22nd 2018, the crafting recipe needed to craft Stone Mining Cells does not have to be unlocked any longer, but is now an already unlocked starting crafting recipe in your Crafting Menu.
How to craft Edit
To craft one Stone Mining Cell, you will need:
- 4 (blocks of) Stone, mined from walls of shallow Caves, from rocky Mountains, hill sides or dug out of the ground from the Fossil layer that is just below the surface layer. Mining Stone does not require any Power Cell to be equipped
- 2 Wood Slabs made of any kind of Wood (except for Corrupted Wood) or Logs in a Processor
- 2 Mushrooms; either Red Mushrooms, Brown Mushrooms or even the rare Glowing Mushrooms will do (the small blue arrows indicate that you can browse through alternative materials by clicking on these arrows)
- 5x Coal extracted from Coal Nodes in Mountains, or on the Fossil layer reachable by Caves by using any kind of Extractor. Coal can also be found in randomly spawning Wood Treasure Chests at night and can be obtained from common blue Keepas by killing them or taming them, feeding them and then harvesting from them
- 2 Flowers of any kind, like Red Flowers from birch-like Ashenwood-trees, Yellow Flowers from dark-leafed Cragwood-trees, Blue Flowers from pine-like Elderwood-trees, Wildflowers that grow on the ground in Savannahs, Tundra Flowers from Tundras, etc. Again, please click on the blue arrows to browse if necessary
Crafting or taking a Stone Mining Cell is one of the requirements to unlock the crafting recipes for Obsidian Mining Cells, Forges, Stone Chests, Wiring Tools, Plows, Switches, Blocks of Goo and for Taming Collars.
How to use Edit
In order to use the Stone Mining Cell, right-click on its icon in your inventory in order to equip it in your Mining Cell equipment slot. If you have no Power Cell equipped when obtaining a Stone Mining Cell, it will automatically be equipped. You can find the Mining Cell equipment slot when opening your inventory and searching for it on the left side of your player character model - it's the topmost slot with the gauntlet icon.
You will need the Stone Mining Cell to pull Bedrock, Limestone and/or Magnetite on the Fossil layer (like in shallow Caves), as well as Mold and Tourmaline further down, but also Canyonstone, Dark Canyonstone and Ruddy Canyonstone in Canyons on the surface, Peakstone high up in Mountains, or Ice from frozen Oceans or rivers (often hidden under a thin layer of Snow).
Pulling hard rocks will drain the durability of your Stone Mining Cell significantly, while pulling Stone will drain the power of your Stone Mining Cell only moderately.
In a detailed view, it is believed that this Mining Cell can pull up to 300 T2 blocks and 600 of T1 blocks.
When the Stone Mining Cell still is at its full durability, no durability bar will be shown. Only when the maximum durability is reduced by pulling any rocks or materials as hard as Stone (tier 1) or harder, a green durability bar will show up over the Stone Mining Cell icon and will get shorter the more durability is lost. When all durability has been used up, the Stone Mining Cell will break and vanish. There is no way to repair equipment in Creativerse, so you'd better take another Mining Cell with you if the durability bar has shrunken to a mere spot.
You cannot pull any harder rocks with Stone Mining Cells - like Siltstone, Stalactite or Saltrock on the Stalactite Layer. You also cannot pull any fluids with Stone Mining Cells, but you will have to craft stronger Power Cells - like an Obsidian Mining Cell to scoop up common blue Water or an Iron Mining Cell to collect Tar.