The Red Lamp is a light-source the size of a little less than one block that spends red light.
You can craft Red Lamps in your Crafting Menu (default key "q") after unlocking the according crafting recipe by
- taking/crafting a Wood Burning Lamp (these can either be crafted from Wood Rods, Stone Rods, Coal and Glass after obtaining Coal Torches or alternatively discovered in Diamond Treasure Chests)
- and creating Red Pigment by putting Red Flowers from Ashenwood trees, Leafies or Wood Treasure Chests into a Processor
To craft 4 Red Lamps at a time, you'll need (as of R44 in June 2017)
- 2x Red Pigment made from Red Flowers in a Processor
- 4 Stone Rods made from Stone, Limestone or Bedrock in a Processor
- 2 pieces of Coal extracted from Nodes on the Fossil layer, on Mountains or recesses, or found in Wood Treasure Chests or Stone Treasure Chests, or obtained from Keepas
- 2 (blocks of) Glass made from Sand in a Forge
Red Lamps can be rotated in all directions by holding the key "r" (as the default key) and moving the left mouse button. The chosen rotation angle can then be "locked" too by simply typing "r", so that all items of the same stack will be placed facing the same direction.
Like all luminaires in Creativerse, Red Lamps do not need any fuel and will not go black by themselves after being placed in the world.
Lamps like this one do not set flammable blocks on fire.
Since update R33 Red Lamps can be switched on or off by activating them (right mouse button or "f" as the default key).
|Red Lamps can be wired up with activation devices like Switches, Sensors, Number Pads or Pressure Plates. Luminaires will then serve as receivers and can either be switched on or off. Their interactivity can be toggled and defined with permission settings.|
If you have placed Red Lamps before August 2016, then you might have to pick them up and place them once again before they can be turned on and off.
Like all crafted objects and blocks, they can be picked up without the need to equip any Power Cells. Of course you won't be able to take Red Lamps on claims of other players (or in worlds) where your permission level is set low.