A Lumite Table is a decorative furniture-item the size of one block that can be placed but does not store or display items/blocks like Wall Shelves can.
These items of furniture can be crafted in your Crafting Menu (to be opened by "Q" as the default key).
The crafting recipe for Lumite Tables has to be unlocked first by:
- crafting (or taking) a Diamond Table for the first time, which in turn was unlocked after crafting an Iron Table
- obtaining Lumite (Bars) made in a Forge from Lumite Ore that can be found in Nodes on the Corruption layer deep underground
- crafting Lumite Walls from Lumite Bars, Diamond Rods and Globs of Goo
- obtaining Lumite Slabs made of Lumite Bars in a Processor
To craft 1 Lumite Table, you'll need:
- 1 Glob of Goo crafted from Mold in the Crafting Menu or looted/harvested from many creatures including Pigsies
- 2 Lumite Slabs made of Lumite (bars) in a Processor
- 1 Lumite Rod made of Lumite (bars) in a Processor
Lumite Tables do not have slots that you can fill with items nor can they downsize blocks for display like Placemats, Hidden Temple Altars, Shelves, Flower Pots or Wood Planters can. However you can put a Placemat or also any placeable block or items onto Lumite Tables similar to how you would place them on the ground.
Lumite Tables can be fully rotated in all directions by pressing and holding R and moving the mouse while holding the left mouse button. The chosen rotation angle can then be "locked" too by simply typing R while looking at a rotated item, so that all items of the same stack in the selected quickslot will be placed facing the same direction.
When turned sideways or upside down, tables can be used as decorative elements in walls or detailed builds, but in this case you cannot put Placemats on them that are often used to lay the table with Food and other objects that cannot be directly placed down, and with objects or blocks that will be reduced in size for display.
Since update R32 you won't need to equip any Power Cells to pick up Lumite Tables that have been placed into the world. Of course you won't be able to take such items on claims of other players or in game-worlds where your permission level is set low.
Tables cannot be wired and their permission level cannot be set/changed.