Lumite Stairs are violet building blocks cut into an L-shape with a crystalline purple shimmer.
Usually placed as stairs they will smooth the player-character's movement up and down gradients so no jumping is necessary.
They can be placed as projections of walls or for other purposes too when being rotated by pressing and holding R (as the default key) while moving the mouse.
Lumite Stairs can be crafted in your Crafting Menu (default key "q"), but only after the according crafting recipe has been unlocked by
- smelting Lumite bars by putting Lumite Ore into a Forge together with some Fuel. Lumite Ore can be extracted from Lumite Nodes only found on the Corruption layer deep undergroung
- creating Lumite Slabs by putting Lumite bars into a Processor
- creating Diamond Rods by putting Diamond bars into a Processor. Diamond Ore can be extracted from Diamond Nodes found on the Lava layer underground or made from Coal Nodes with Fire Bombs
- crafting or taking Diamond Stairs (unlocked after crafting/taking Iron Stairs)
To craft 4 (blocks of) Lumite Stairs at a time, you'll need
- 2 Lumite Slabs made of Lumite bars in a Processor.
- 1 Diamond Rod made of a Diamond bars in a Processor.
- 2 Globs of Goo crafted from Mold in the Crafting Menu or looted/harvested from creatures