The Golden Sword is a weapon that can only be crafted after buying the "Welcome"-DLC for Creativerse on Steam (or the Welcome Bundle via Store - it's the exact same item as the Welcome-DLC with the same content, and can only be bought once).
Buying either the Welcome DLC or Welcome Bundle will then unlock the according crafting recipe in your crafting menu (to be opened by typing "q" as the default key).
The Golden Sword inflicts 60 damage points, similar to an Iron Sword. Its design is the same as the previous model of the Legendary Golden Sword that was given to Early Backers who bought Creativerse before it became free to play.
To craft one Golden Sword, you will need:
- 3 Iron Bars, made from Iron Ore in a Forge. Iron Ore can be extracted from Nodes on the Stalactite layer underground, or found in Iron Treasure Chests or in Diamond Treasure Chests
- 2 Obsidian Rods made from an Obsidian (bar) in a Processor.
- 2 Twines made from Vines in a Processor.
- 1 Feral Pigsy Fur obtained from Feral Pigsies that spawn on blocks of Jungle and Swampland biomes during the day, either as a loot or pet-harvest
- 2 Yellow Pigment, made from Yellow Flowers from Cragwood trees (or Wood Treasure Chests) in a Processor, or found in Obsidian Treasure Chests
When swung, the Golden Sword leaves a dark golden aftereffect in the air that last for about one second, different from the (now) Legendary Golden Sword that has a purple-orange slash and the Rainbownator 5000 with it's rainbow-colored slash effect.
All crafting recipes included in the DLC/Bundle are automatically permanently added to the crafting menu (and already unlocked), and will always be available on all Creativerse gameworlds, even those that have the world option "world bound recipes" enabled.
The DLC/Bundle includes 1 already crafted Golden Sword together with other items in a kit that can only be claimed once on one gameworld of your choice.
The once similar named "Golden Sword" for early backers was renamed into "Legendary Golden Sword", still deals 100 damage points like any Lumite level sword, and can be crafted with 3 Lumite (bars), 2 Iron Rods, 2 Tempered Iron Bars, 4 units of Yellow Pigment and 10x Corruption Dust.
It now has a slightly different look too, with purple globes instead of red ones, a purple-golden slash effect, and a golden vapor with sparks flying from it when drawn.