Requirements to start cooking Edit
At a Cooking Station you can cook up to 36 various types of Food in Creativerse. Cooking Stations can be crafted after unlocking their free crafting recipe in the crafting menu by crafting a Plow, obtaining Water, Obsidian (Bars) and harvesting Wheat that can be grown from Wheat Seeds on tilled soil near Water.
All Food-types currently require at least one kind of Crops.
Instead of cooking Crops that you can find right away, it's recommended to process these Crops into Seeds in a Processor, then to plant these Seeds (use a Plow to till Dirt or Grass next to Water) and such "multiply" them. Since you can harvest many more Crops that way, you can use some of them to cook Food, and the rest to create Seeds and grow more Crops.
Wheat - as mentioned above - can only be grown from Wheat Seeds. These can be obtained as a random extra harvest when plucking Tallgrass and/or Savannah Tallgrass. You can simply place one patch of Tallgrass/Savannah Tallgrass and then pick it up and repeat this in order to collect an infinite amount of Wheat Seeds.
How to unlock cooking recipes Edit
Depending on the ingredients that you will use, up to 36 different kinds of Food will turn out. You won't need to search for any rare Recipes in order to create special kinds of Food.
- the recipe for all kinds of Soup will be in the Cooking Station from the start and you can access it as soon as you have crafted, placed and activated the Cooking Station
- upon taking Wheat made from Wheat Seeds that you can find in Tallgrass and Savannah Tallgrass, the recipe for all kinds of Bread will automatically be unlocked. However, nowadays you will need Wheat ears to unlock the crafting recipe for the Cooking Station too, so when crafting one, the recipe for Breads will now also be unlocked when accessing the Cooking Station for the first time
- by cooking and taking ordinary Soup (using only Water and Vegetables, none of the special broths!), the crafting-recipe for all kinds of Pie will be unlocked
- by cooking and then taking ordinary Bread (only made from Water and Wheat, none of the special Breads!), the cooking recipe for all kinds of Sandwiches will be unlocked
Eating and feeding Pets Edit
All types of Food (not all of the raw ingredients though) can be consumed by your player character and will then grant it various buffs (positive effects) over time depending on the food - generally for 15 minutes (Soups, Sandwiches, Pies), however only 7:30 minutes for all kinds of Bread(s).
You can have several active buffs at the same time! However, if you eat the same Food twice while the effect is still active, the effect will merely prolonged to 15 (or 7:30) minutes once again.
Food can also be fed to Pets, so you can then harvest from your Pets.
Pets are immortal and can survive without being fed. Still they cannot be harvested when being hungry and they will give inferior harvest if they did not eat their favorite food.
How to cook Soups, Breads, Sandwiches and Pies Edit
First choose one of the 4 basic recipes, then right-click on the ingredients in your inventory/bag in the correct order (from left to right) or drag & drop them over the according slots with your left mouse button.
- Cooking any type of Soup requires 2 units of Liquid of any type, 4 x either Turnips or Lettuce and 3 other ingredients (either Turnips, Crisphead Lettuces, Horned Melons, any type of Mushrooms, Chizzard Eggs, Blizzard Chizzard Eggs or Questionable Jerky)
- Cooking any type of Bread requires 4 ears of Wheat and 1 unit of Liquid of any type
- Cooking any type of Sandwich requires 2 Breads of any kind (except Gingerbread Loaves), plus 3 x either Turnips or Lettuce and 3 more vegetables (either Turnips, Crisphead Lettuces, Horned Melons, any type of Mushrooms, Chizzard Eggs, Blizzard Chizzard Eggs or Questionable Jerky)
- Cooking any type of Pie requires 2 ears of Wheat, 1x either Chizzard Egg or Blizzard Chizzard Egg, 1 unit of Liquid of any type and 3 other ingredients (either Turnips, Crisphead Lettuces, Horned Melons, any type of Mushrooms, Chizzard Eggs, Blizzard Chizzard Eggs or Questionable Jerky)Note: only Crisphead Lettuce or Turnips will fit into the slot for "Vegetables" (the second slot of Soups and Sandwiches) of the Cooking Station. Horned Melons or Mushrooms (also Questionable Jerky) will only fit into the last slot and can then sometimes lead to special types of Food being created.
List of Food and their effects (7:30 min. for all Breads, 15 min. for everything else) Edit
Duration of effects Edit
- Bread (all types): 7min 30sec
- Sandwich (all types): 15min
- Soup (all types): 15min
- Pie (all types): 15min
Crops, Eggs and their effects Edit
|Turnip||+100 Max. Health||Can be found in Forests and Swamplands, can then be grown from Seeds|
|Crisphead Lettuce||+100 Max. Health||Can be found in Forests, Woodlands, Grassland and Tundras, can then be grown from Seeds|
|Horned Melon||+20 Max. Stamina||Can be found in Jungles only, can then be grown from Seeds|
|Wheat||cannot be consumed||Can be obtained by harvesting Tallgrass and Savannah Tallgrass|
|Chizzard Egg||+100 Max. Health||Also grants -50% Fall Damage. Can only be obtained as a Pet-harvest from Chizzards, Night Chizzards and Poultrygeists|
|Blizzard Chizzard Egg||+100 Max. Health||Also grants +50% Freeze Resistance. Can only be obtained as a Pet-harvest from Blizzard Chizzards|
You can consume many Food types and have all their bonuses or resistances active at the same time.
Different foods even "stack" their bonuses if the bonuses are of the same type (for example: consuming one Turnip and one Crisphead Lettuce will grant your player character +200 Health points in summary).
Consuming the exact same type of food once more only prolongs the effect to its maximum timespan.
Where to get the ingredients Edit
- Wheat can be grown (with a Plow) from Wheat Seeds which can be occasionally obtained while harvesting Tallgrass or Savannah Tallgrass. You have to plant these seeds under fitting conditions (on tilled soil with water nearby) to receive Wheat.
- Turnips can be found growing by themselves in Forests or even more often in Swamplands. By putting them into the Processor, Turnip Seeds will be produced that can be planted under fitting conditions (on tilled soil with water nearby) to receive more Turnips.
- Crisphead Lettuce can be found growing by themselves in Forests or under trees in other Biomes. By putting them into the Processor, Lettuce Seeds will be produced that can be planted under fitting conditions (on tilled soil with water nearby) to receive more Lettuces.
- Horned Melons can be found growing by themselves in (dangerous) Jungles only, which makes them rare discoveries. By putting them into the Processor, Horned Melon Seeds will be produced that can be planted under fitting conditions (on tilled soil with water nearby) to receive more Melons.
- Chizzard Eggs can only be obtained from tamed Chizzards or Night Chizzards (spawning on Shores on Shorewood, in Jungles or more rarely in Canyons) after they have become your Pets and you have fed them their preferred type of Food.
- Blizzard Chizzard Eggs can only be obtained from tamed Blizzard Chizzard Pets. Blizzard Chizzards usually spawn during the day on Snow in Taigas, Tundras, on frozen Oceans or frozen plains.
- Questionable Jerky can be made in a Forge from either Chizzard Gizzard or Blizzard Chizzard Gizzard - these Gizzards can be obtained from any kind of Chizzard, either from their Loot Bags or by harvesting from them if they are your Pets.
- For Food, any type of Mushrooms can be used; Red Mushrooms that grow in patches of five units in Forests, Woodlands, Swamplands and Grassland; also Brown Mushroom that can be found embedded in Dirt directly under the top layer of most Biomes, especially at the entrance of Caves; and rare Glowing Mushrooms that can be found on the Stalactite layer embedded in rocks and can be mined with at least an Obsidian Mining Cell equipped (or an even better/stronger Power Cell)
- Ordinary Water can be scooped up from rivers, lakes or Oceans with an Obsidian Mining Cell or better, and like all liquids, it can be multiplied by letting it flow and only scooping up only the units of Water that form additionally while not touching the original source unit.
- Mineral Water can be found on the Stalactite layer or in oases in Canyons or made by purifying Corrupted Water. Mineral Water can be scooped up with a Diamond Mining Cell or better and can be multiplied by letting it flow to scoop up its extensions.
- Tar can be found on the Fossil layer or Stalactite layer underground, can be multiplied by letting it flow, and can be scooped up with an Iron Mining Cell or better.
- Bog Water can be found in Swamplands on the surface, can be multiplied by letting it flow, and can be scooped up with a Diamond Mining Cell or better.
- Liquid Lava can be found on the Lava layer or can be made by throwing Fire Bombs at Hardened Lava blocks, can be multiplied by letting it flow, and can be scooped up with a Lumite Mining Cell (strongest Power Cell).
- Corrupted Water can be found on the Corruption layer or can be made by throwing Corrupt Bombs at ordinary blue Water, can be multiplied by letting it flow, and can be scooped up with a Lumite Mining Cell (strongest Power Cell).