Diamond Breastplates are the chest-covering part of the Diamond armor "set" and will reduce the damage your player-character takes from creatures' attacks. The Diamond Breastplate offers 240 defense points.
When worn Diamond Breastplates will replace the shirt of your player character with a sturdier sleevesless vest with a bright blue colored breast piece in front as well as blue belt ornaments. The colors of Diamond Breastplates will be adjusted to those that you have chosen (and can change anytime) in the character customization - accessible when starting the game by clicking on the gear-like symbol by your user name in the bottom left corner of the main menu screen.
Diamond armor is the fourth (tier) armor-type that you can craft in Creativerse. Pieces of diamond armor can also be obtained occasionally when killing - or taming and harvesting from - a Thing.
The crafting recipe for Diamond Breastplates is unlocked by crafting or taking an Iron Breastplate.
To craft a Diamond Breastplate, you'll need (as of R25 in November 2015):
- 2 units of Corruption Dust, either looted or pet-harvested from any corrupted creature like Corrupted Pigsy, Corrupted Leafi, Corrupted Chizzard, Corrupted Miru, Corrupted Rockster or the Thing
- 2 Twines, made from Vines in a Processor
- 2 Rambeau Tufts, obtained by killing or taming and harvesting from blue goat-like Rambeaus in Mountains, spawning on Peakstone during the day
- 3 Diamond (bar) made in a Forge from Diamond Ore found in Nodes in the Stalactite layer, in the Lava layer and in the Corruption layer, but can also be made from Coal (which can be made from Tar)
- 2 Tempered Iron Bar s made in a Forge from Iron Bars, which in return are made in a Forge from Iron Ore extracted from Nodes on the Stalactite layer and Lava layer or found as an Ore in Iron Treasure Chests or Diamond Treasure Chests
Crafting or taking a Diamond Breastplate is the unlocking requirement for the crafting recipe of Lumite Breastplates, which is currently the best type of armor.
Currently armor merely protects your player-character from the impact of physical hits from creatures, reducing the damage inflicted on the character.
Each hit of a creature will reduce the durability of one piece of armor that has been hit. When a piece of armor has lost all durability, it will fall apart and leave the respective body-part unprotected, which will be indicated by the armor doll in the bottom left corner of the screen, where body parts without armor will appear in white color.
To equip armor and/or replace older armor with a newer piece, simply use right-click on the armor-piece you wish to equip in your inventory, and it will automatically go into the according armor-slot next to your character's model, while the formerly worn armor-piece will be put into your inventory.