Corruption Resistance Potions remove the corruption meter (scale) that starts to fill when player characters get close to corrupted blocks/water, and additionally these potions reduce, but not fully prevent the damage over time taken by attacks of corrupted Creatures or Corrupted Water - all for the duration of 10 minutes.
These potions allow the player to traverse the Corruption layer while staying pretty much unaffected by Corruption unless they touch Corrupted Water or are attacked. In comparison, Corrupted Sandwiches and Corrupted Pie will not negate the Corruption meter, but on the other hand these food types will turn the corruption damage over time into healing over time (inverting corruption damage), so it won't even matter then if the Corruption meter is filled.
Description: "After drinking this you suddenly realize that you never really liked tabloids after all."
To craft 4 Corruption Resistance Potions at once, you'll need:
- 2 Cactus Flowers that (re)grow on Cacti or on stapled blocks of Cacti over time (or can also be looted or pet-harvested from Dustevils, Dried Leafies or Trogs occasionally)
- 2x Dustevil Dusts, obtained either as a loot or Pet-harvest from aggressive Dustevils that spawn on or near Cacti, as well as on Canyon-related blocks like Sandstone or Canyonstone of any kind during the day
- 5 (blocks of) Stalactite mined from the Stalactite layer, which requires at least an Obsidian Mining Cell
- 1 Trog Horn, obtained as a loot or Pet-harvest from aggressive Trogs that spawn on Canyon-related blocks like Sandstone or Canyonstone of any kind during the day much like Dustevils
- Reduction of Corruption Environmental Effect by 90%
(in actual fact the potion manages to completely remove the corruption meter)
- Reduction of Corruption DOT (damage over time) by 50%