Basic Information Edit
This Category only lists naturally occurring blocks, in contrast to crafted cubic blocks (Building Blocks) and blocks that can be created by players otherwise (special corrupted blocks and salt for example). Natural blocks are part of the template worlds that all Creativerse game worlds are copies of, only a few of them can spawn over time after world generation.
The main difference between natural blocks and crafted building blocks is that most natural blocks will spawn Creatures under otherwise fitting conditions, so that they aren't recommended to be used for building structures like bases, crafting workshops and/or storage rooms.
What this category is not about Edit
Non-cubic building shapes (like cylindric columns, slanted half-block-sized slopes, slabs, stairs, corner blocks for stairs and slopes, as well as other more rare shapes like eighths and rounded slopes) can only be created by players - mainly in a Processor.
A few actual objects (like furniture, crafting stations, etc.) do feature a cubic shape, but they are still not considered blocks, and definitely not naturally occurring ones.
Placeable crafted objects like Processors, Forges, Cooking Stations and the like are simple not the same as cubic blocks in Creativerse. Such crafted objects cannot be found in the building blocks category either, but on their own category pages, like for Furniture, Lighting, Machines, Storage, Display or Crafting Stations.
An overview about everything that can be crafted in Creativerse can be found in the article Crafting Recipes.
Only a few of these craftable objects are also randomly dropped by certain Creatures and/or can be found as a content of randomly spawning Treasure Chests, or of reward chests for Idol Events or Trog Trap Events, or can randomly be discovered in seasonal spawning containers like Holiday Gifts for ca. one month each year.
Creativerse offers hundreds of refined looking cubic building blocks that you can craft yourself or can rarely find as gifts in Treasure Chests (mainly Wood Walls, Wood Floors, Stacked Stone Walls, Blue Carpets and Red Wood Walls, but also several seasonal crafted Christmas-themed blocks in Holiday Gifts that spawn for ca. a month around Christmas and New Year).
How to obtain natural blocks Edit
In Creativerse, all natural blocks except for Ore Nodes can be mined or picked up (aka "pulled"). In principle, all of the game worlds of Creativerse can be completely disassembled this way.
Additionally, several types of natural blocks can (more or less rarely) be obtained from Creatures either as a random loot after killing them or as a Pet-harvest, such as many types of cubic-shaped Flowers and tree Leaves, Weepwood blocks, Fossils, Magnetite, Tourmaline, Hardened Lava, etc.
Some blocks can only be mined/taken when a Power Cells of a certain minimum tier/strength is equipped.
Block tiers: Edit
Blocks of tier 0 do not require any Power Cell to be pulled/harvested/collected: Edit
uncorrupted blocks of Wood, Logs, tree Flowers, Cactus blocks, Cactus Flowers, uncorrupted tree Leaves, Beeswax, Queen Bees, Corals, green Grass, Dirt, Dead Grass, Savannah Grass, Detritus, Rocky Dirt, Canyon Floor, Matted Needles, Sand, Sandstone, Snow, Mud. So in summary, most surface blocks and vegetal materials. Collecting blocks of tier 0 will not reduce the durability of any power cells that you use on them.
Blocks of tier 2 require at least a Stone Mining Cell to be pulled/mined: Edit
Bedrock, Limestone, Magnetite, Canyonstone, Ruddy Canyonstone, Dark Canyonstone, Tourmaline, Mold, Peakstone, Ice. In principle, this applies to most Fossil layer blocks and a few specific surface blocks.
Blocks of tier 3 require at least an Obsidian Mining Cell to be pulled/mined: Edit
Blocks of tier 4 require at least an Iron Mining Cell to be pulled/mined: Edit
Blocks of tier 5 require at least a Diamond Mining Cell to be pulled/mined: Edit
Corrupted Stone, Corrupted Dirt, Corrupted Wood, Corrupted Leaves like can be found on the Corruption layer as well as all Corrupted Blocks that can be created by players: Corrupted Grass, Corrupted Ashenwood, Corrupted Elderwood, Corrupted Ashenwood Leaves and Corrupted Elderwood Leaves, and all other types of corrupted Wood blocks and tree Leaves blocks that will turn into common Corrupted Wood respectively Corrupted Leaves when picked up.
Ore Nodes (Coal Nodes, Obsidian Nodes, Iron Nodes, Diamond Nodes and Lumite Nodes) are the only type of natural blocks that cannot be simply pulled with a Mining Cell equipped, but can only be removed when an Extractor is placed on them and the Ore is extracted from them.
"End of the World" blocks at the base and deepest level of each game world cannot be removed by any means.
How to use Edit
Most natural blocks can be placed into the game world just as they are, and such can serve as a building-material for all kinds of structures - except for non-placeable Brown Mushrooms, Glowing Mushrooms, the non-glowing Wildwood Flower type, Mossy Weepwood Logs, Moss-covered Weepwood blocks, Vines-covered Wildwood and Vines-covered Cragwood blocks.
Please note that structures made from natural blocks are able to make Creatures spawn in unlit areas.
Queen Bees can only be placed on uncorrupted Wood blocks and tree Leaves. They will grow into Beeswax in time under sufficient conditions. Queen Bees are able to spawn on tree Leaves of most kinds, even in areas where Queen Bees cannot grow into Beeswax and will then stay fallow.
When placing Ashenwood Leaves, Cragwood Leaves, Elderwood Leaves, Wildwood Leaves or Dark Wildwood Leaves in sufficient amounts somewhere with enough space above, then blocks of the according tree Flowers will grow/spawn on them in time.
When placing green Grass blocks into sufficient areas, Red Mushrooms and/or Crops might spawn over time. However, Horned Melons have not been seen spawning on Detritus blocks that were placed by players outside of "naturally" generated Jungle biomes as defined by template worlds.
Many natural blocks can be used for crafting in the Crafting Menu:
Wood, Stone, Bedrock, Limestone, Fossils, Magnetite, Siltstone, Stalactite, Igneous Rock, Hardened Lava, Corrupted Stone, Sand, Detritus, Canyonstone, Ruddy Canyonstones, Dark Canyonstone, Sandstone, Peakstone and many more are used for dozens of crafts, mainly for building blocks.
Some natural blocks can be processed into different shapes (like slabs and slopes) or into other materials in a Processor: Dirt, green Grass, Peakstone, Leaves, Snow, Ice, Mold, Tourmaline, Stone, Bedrock, Limestone.
Some natural blocks can be transformed, mainly by throwing specific Explosives at them or by placing them into specific environments or adjacent to specific objects/materials:
- melted (Snow and Ice becomes Water, Hardened Lava becomes liquid Lava),
- hardened (Snow Caps become Dirt, Sand becomes Salt and Hardened Lava become Igneous Rock),
- tilled (Dirt, Grass and Mud can be turned into tilled acreage),
- greened (Dirt turns into Grass when placed next to green Grass blocks under certain circumstances, and Rocky Dirt turns into Savannah Grass),
- plowed (Ashenwood to Ashenwood Logs, Cragwood to Cragwood Logs, Weepwood to Weepwood Logs, Elderwood Leaves to Rimecones, Autumnwood Leaves to Fallen Leaves, Snow to thin layers of Snow, Sand to Seashells),
- burned (Leaves, Flowers, Wood, etc.),
- and/or corrupted (Stone into Corrupted Stone, Dirt into Corrupted Dirt, Water into Corrupted Water, green Grass into Corrupted Grass, nearly any type of natural Wood blocks into Corrupted Wood and nearly all types of tree Leaves into Corrupted Leaves).
Creatures spawning on natural blocks Edit
In areas that are not lit by artificial light, surface Creatures can spawn during the day:
- aggressive poisonous Feral Pigsies can spawn on Detritus and next to Bog Water
- dangerous and aggressive Canyon-type Creatures like Trogs and Dustevils can spawn on Sandstone, Dark Canyonstone, Canyon Floor blocks, Ruddy Canyonstone and caramel-colored Canyonstone
- Dustevils can also spawn on and next to Cactus blocks and/or Cactus Flower blocks
- BossHogs and Shrewdshrews can spawn on Savannah Grass and Rocky Dirt
- Rocksters and Pebbles can spawn on Sand blocks, even more reliably next to liquids like Water and/or near Seashells that spawn by themselves on Sand blocks over time
- Pigsies and Leafies can spawn on green Grass and may perhaps also spawn on tree Leaves
- Autumn Leafies can spawn on and close to Autumnwood Leaves of all types, including Fallen Leaves
- Mossy Leafies can spawn on Weepwood Leaves, Weepwood Logs and next to Bog Water
- Dried Leafies can spawn on and next to Cactus blocks and/or Cactus Flower blocks, as well as on Canyon Floor blocks close to Mineral Water
- Rambeaus and Reinbeaus can spawn on blocks of Peakstone, but can also spawn on common Stone blocks if Snow is nearby
- Blizzard Chizzards can spawn on Ice and Snow blocks during the day
- Chizzards can spawn on Shorewood blocks and on Wildwood Leaves as well as on Wildwood Flowers
In areas that are not lit by artificial light nor by sunlight (so often at night), Night Creatures can spawn at night:
- Night Twiggies and Night Hoglets spawn mainly on green Grass, but also other ground blocks in fitting biomes like Woodlands
- Night Pigsies can spawn on green Grass, Savannah Grass, Dead Grass and most other surface blocks
- Night Rocksters can spawn on Sand and many surface blocks near Water or Mineral Water in all biomes
- Arctic Mirus can spawn on Peakstone, Ice and Snow blocks mainly during the night, but in rare cases also during the day
- Night Chizzards can spawn on Shorewood blocks, Wildwood Leaves and Wildwood Flowers
- Night Leafies can spawn on green Grass and many uncorrupted tree Leaves
Underground Creatures can spawn even during day and night in areas that are not lit by artificial light nor by sunlight:
- Corrupted Creatures can spawn on all Corrupted Blocks
- Hot Feet can spawn on all Lava layer blocks, mainly on Hardened Lava, Igneous Rocks and Sulfur, but may also spawn on Ore Nodes like Diamond Nodes
- Warmworms can spawn on many Stalactite layer blocks like Stalactite and Siltstone, but also on most Lava layer blocks and Ore Nodes like Diamond Nodes and Iron Nodes
- Night Rocksters can spawn on most Fossil layer blocks like Bedrock, Limestone, but will also spawn on Sand near Water and near Mineral Water on the Stalactite layer, mainly at night, but also during the day if it's underground
- Night Pigsies can spawn on most Fossil layer blocks like Bedrock and Limestone, but usually not on common Stone blocks
All items (74)
- Cactus Flower
- Canyon Floor
- Cinnamon Autumnwood Leaves
- Citrus Autumnwood Leaves
- Corrupted Dirt
- Corrupted Leaves
- Corrupted Stone
- Corrupted Wood
- Cragwood Leaves
- Savannah Grass
- Shorewood Husk
- Shorewood Leaves
- Snow Cap
- Snowy Elderwood Leaves
- Weepwood Flower
- Weepwood Leaves
- Wildwood Flower
- Wildwood Flower (Dark)
- Wildwood Leaves